SLEEP tends to be the #1 concern for most new parents. But there is SO MUCH conflicting information out there from self-proclaimed "experts", and well-intentioned advice, that it’s often hard to know where to turn for support!
Are you sick & tired of:
Stressful sleep time?
Just tough it out!
You are SPOILING them!
Is this normal?
Will it ever end?
Holistic Sleep Strategies
offers a new approach to infant sleep.
Forget sleep training; this is sleep SCIENCE! Holistic Sleep Strategies is not a "one-size-fits-all" method, but an educational approach to support you in making well-informed decisions while SUPPORTING (not controlling) your baby's sleep. A holistic approach to sleep means meeting you where you are at; looking at your family's wellness as a whole, and helping you to find balance in your life.
You will explore the neuroscience of sleep in infants and adults, while learning how to build a secure and healthy attachment, and protecting your child's mental health - both now and in the future.
Not only do I strive to get parents on the same page as far as infant sleep knowledge, but you will also learn about schedules, calming techniques, and ‘normal’ sleep patterns for a baby. You will learn how to follow your instincts and listen to your baby, and understand their developmental milestones. I want to help set the stage for good sleep habits so that your baby can grow up knowing that bedtime is a safe and peaceful time.
I'll help you to set attainable goals, and to find balance between your need for sleep, and your baby's need for connection and nighttime parenting.
What is a Holistic Sleep Coach?
* I will provide up-to-date knowledge on infant & family sleep, brain development, relationships, and mental health.
* I will guide you in the ART of infant sleep techniques, navigating individual family member's needs, and supporting your family.
* I offer parents an alternative to Sleep Training - using a Developmental approach (working WITH your baby), instead of a Behaviorist approach (modifying baby’s behavior).
* I will debunk the misinformation, and give you the FACTS!
* I help families to get more rest, both physically and emotionally.
* I teach parents about biologically normal sleep patterns.
* I understand that every baby is unique; and help to find the tools that work for YOU, in order to create a personalized sleep plan that works for the whole family.
* I can provide emergency sleep support, and community resources.
I WILL NOT:
"Sleep Train" your baby
Encourage any method where baby is left alone to cry
Endorse any behavior modification techniques
Guarantee that your newborn will sleep through the night by a certain age
Time or space feeds & comforting at night
Promote a "one-size-fits-all" solution for all families
Push night weaning
(unless you wish to do so at an appropriate age)
There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to sleep. Parents should be well-informed about their options; learn the facts about normal infant sleep, understand the neuroscience behind it, and the effects on their child’s long-term mental health; only then can they formulate a strategy that works for THEIR family.