SLEEP tends to be the #1 concern for most new parents. But there is SO MUCH conflicting information out there from self-proclaimed "experts", and well-intentioned advice, that it’s often hard to know where to turn for support!
Are you sick & tired of:
Stressful sleep time?
Just tough it out!
You NEED to train your baby!
You are SPOILING them!
Is this normal?
When will my baby sleep
through the night?
Holistic Sleep Strategies
offers a new approach to infant sleep.
Forget sleep training; this is sleep SCIENCE! Holistic Sleep Strategies is not a "one-size-fits-all" method, but an educational approach to support you in making well-informed decisions while SUPPORTING (not controlling) your baby's sleep. A holistic approach includes looking at your family's wellness as a whole, understanding the neuroscience of sleep in infants and adults, learning how to build a secure and healthy attachment, and protecting your child's mental health - both now and in the future.
Not only do I strive to get parents on the same page as far as infant sleep knowledge, but you will also learn about schedules, calming techniques, and ‘normal’ sleep patterns for a baby. You will learn how to follow your instincts and listen to your baby, and understand their developmental milestones. I want to help set the stage for good sleep habits so that your baby can grow up knowing that bedtime is a safe and peaceful time.
What does an Infant + Family
Sleep Specialist do?
* We provide up-to-date knowledge on infant & family sleep, brain development, relationships, and mental health.
* We are experts in the ART of infant sleep techniques, navigating individual family needs, and supporting families.
* We offer parents an alternative to Sleep Training - using a Developmental approach (working WITH your baby), instead of a Behaviorist approach (modifying baby’s behavior).
* We debunk the misinformation, and give you the FACTS!
* We help families to get more rest, both physically and emotionally.
* We teach parents about biologically normal sleep patterns.
* We understand that every baby is unique; we help to find the tools that work for YOU, in order to create a personalized sleep plan that works for the whole family.
* We provide emergency sleep support, and community resources.
I WILL NOT:
"Sleep Train" your baby
Encourage any method where baby is left alone to cry
Endorse any behavior modification techniques
Guarantee that your newborn will sleep through the night by a certain age
Time or space feeds & comforting at night
Promote a "one-size-fits-all" solution for all families
Push night weaning
(unless you wish to do so at an appropriate age)
There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to sleep. Parents should be well-informed about their options; learn the facts about normal infant sleep, understand the neuroscience behind it, and the effects on their child’s long-term mental health; only then can they formulate a strategy that works for THEIR family.